Role in SEAS-ERA: RANNIS will lead Task 5.1 (review of capacity building schemes), and will also contribute to WP1 and WP2. Under the Atlantic regional network, they will lead Task 6.2 (common programmes).
Rannis reports to the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture with the purpose of providing professional assistance in the preparation and implementation of science and technology policy in Iceland.
Its main functions are:
- Operation of the financial support system for research and technological development.
- Provision of services and information to the Council for Science and Technology Policy and its sub-committees.
- Coordination and promoting Icelandic participation in collaborative international projects in science and technology.
- Monitoring resources and performance in R&D, evaluating the results of scientific research, technological development and innovation.
- Promoting public awareness of research and innovation in Iceland. Rannis serves the Icelandic science community across all areas of science and the humanities.