Specific objectives of the SRA are:
• Supporting the needs of Black Sea states stemming from international policy/legislation
• Dealing with regional ecosystem problems
• Strengthening international cooperation of the coastal states with ongoing and new actions and tools
• Prioritising new topics and approaches at regional level
• Supporting to multi-disciplinary marine and maritime research in support of good (holistic) governance of environmental protection with human capacity building component at the national and regional level
• Providing scientific and management tools
• Identifying cross-cutting issues to support research and their realization
This SRA will be the basis for future activities of the WP8. It is also supposed to contribute to the Pan-European Strategic Research Agenda which will be one of the important outcomes of the SEAS-ERA Project.
Consult the SRA for the Black Sea here.
Source: Tarik Sahin (TUBITAK)